Following an application being successful, we will advise the tenant and landlord that the tenancy will be proceeding. We will follow the below steps in preparation for the applicant check in to their new home.
The electronic check in pack
Following the references being confirmed as satisfactory, the check in pack in produced. We will send the applicant an E Check in Pack via Docusign. This pack will give all the information the tenant needs in preparation for check in day. It will include useful documents including:
- A welcome letter reminding the tenant of what is required before collection of keys on the tenancy start date
- A how to rent guide explaining the rental process through to when the tenant vacates
- Certification including energy performance certificate & gas safety certificate
- The tenancy agreement to be signed online
- Information on service providers including water, electric, gas, council etc so the tenant can set up new accounts in advance
- Further information on who will manage the property going forward – this may be The Bristol Residential Letting Co or the landlord
Important note: All tenants will need to sign the tenancy agreement via Docusign. This is included in the E check in pack. This is a legal document between the tenant and landlord. The tenant should ensure they understand the terms within the agreement and speak to us should they require any clarification. Once the tenancy agreement has been signed, the tenant is bound to the terms for the duration of the agreement.
Future rent payments
We will ask the tenant to set up a standing order for future rent payments. The tenant will be required to show us proof of setting this up. If there is more than one tenant, they can set up individual standing orders or a single household standing order. It doesn’t all need to come from one account.
Collecting the keys
The E check in pack will ensure the tenant is set up for a seamless check in at our office. the following points should be noted for check in:
- We will provide the tenant with a welcome letter, hard copy of the executed tenancy agreement, receipt for initial funds, an inventory where applicable, and of course the keys.
- We will notify all utility providers and the council of the move in. The tenant will need to contact the providers if you they have not already done so to set up accounts.
Important note: keys cannot be released until we have received all tenant & guarantor photo ID, payment of initial funds as cleared funds, tenancy agreement signed through Docusign by all tenants, guarantor agreement if applicable and all referencing having been satisfied.
Check in time
The tenant will check in at the relevant office of The Bristol Residential Letting Co within our normal working hours.
In the unfortunate event that the tenant arrives after these hours we are sorry but the check in and keys will not be available until the following opening time.
We ask that the tenant arrives at least 20 minutes before we close for business.
On leaving our office, the tenant will have the relevant information required to ensure their tenancy runs smoothly. We will have provided the tenant with contact details for their landlord if they are managing the property. Alternatively we will introduce the tenant to their designated property manager if we are managing the property.
We or the landlord will be on hand to assist if required.
Ongoing property management
If The Bristol Residential Letting Co are managing the property, we will be in touch throughout your tenancy for inspections, tenancy renewals, general maintenance and more.
Tenant are invited to visit our ‘How we manage your tenancy’ section to see what to expect during their tenancy.